These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.

These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [xmca] concepts



I accept that Peter. But really, so what? :) A food gradient allows plankton to anticipate the presence of food. What does it tell us about concepts?

Andy

Peter Smagorinsky wrote:
Note that I said nothing about seeing into The Future. Rather, I said that having a concept enables one to ANTICIPATE future events. I would describe the capacities you refer to below as elements of a concept, and agree that they help both adaptivity and the anticipation of events.



__________________________________________
_____
xmca mailing list
xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca