These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.

These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [xmca] Cultural memory



Greetings Hugh,

I am new to Activity Theory as well.
Check out Cole's book "Cultural Psychology" (1996) - Chapter 9 Creating Model Activity Systems; specifically page 276,  Creating the Activity: Question-Asking-Reading (QAR).
You will find the organization of this activity most interesting.  I love the idea that 'various roles are assigned', thus giving participants a clear goal within a shared space.
Regards,
Janice Birch
M.Ed
Simon Fraser University

On 2011-10-19, at 10:35 AM, Hugh O'Donnell wrote:

> Hi,
> Very new to Activity Theory, and I am interested in examining it
> as part of an MEd Research Project.  Of particular focus is how
> AT can help in the development literacy skills (I teach Secondary
> English) across the curriculum
> - Science, History etc. - as our new Scottish 'Curriculum for
> Excellence' broadens students'
> experiences and extends it traditional view of what is a text.
> I would very much appreciate any feedback with regard to this matter:
> I am currently reading
> through Everston's 'The Handbook of Classroom Management' and
> 'Learning by Expaning', by
> Sannino
> Hugh O'Donnell
> MEd student at UWS
> English Teacher
> 
> Hugh.O'Donnell@dunoongrammar.argyll-bute.sch.uk
> B00035641@studentmail.uws.ac.uk
> Twitter: shugod
> __________________________________________
> _____
> xmca mailing list
> xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
> http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca




























__________________________________________
_____
xmca mailing list
xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca