These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.
These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.
On 23 April 2011 06:41, Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net
<mailto:ablunden@mira.net>> wrote:
I'll leave Marx on commodity Fetishsm for the moment, Martin, and
solely to make the point that I am not alone on this business of
meaning as act.
For example, V P Zinchenko's "Vygotsky's ideas about units for the
analysis of mind', in Culture, Communication and cognition:
Vygvotskyan Perspectives, ed J V Wertsch CUP 1985, pp. 94-118:
“one can consider tool-mediated action as being very close to
meaning as unit of analysis.”
Quick question, Andy. Are you distinguishing instances and
classifications?
I can demonstrate a plan by executing it. I can refer to the
execution as an example of my plan. But the execution in not a plan.
Huw
and Engestrom's "Learning by Expanding":
“According to Vygotsky, the instrumentally mediated act ‘is the
simplest segment of behavior that is dealt with by research based on
elementary units’.”
Andy