These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.

These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [xmca] concepts



On 19 April 2011 09:53, Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net> wrote:

> Huw, I think by dissolving all distinctions you also dissolve all meaning,
> and the result is meaningless.


This is where quoting comes in handy.  That's not what I wrote and I'm
surprised that this is what you think I meant.



> [...]
>>
>>    You miss my point, Huw in the 1st paragraph. Having "Activity" as
>>    a fundamental concept is the only way I know to *avoid* the
>>    mental/physical dichotomy. But I wouldn't go so far as to try to
>>    avoid the "distinction." Would you?
>>
>>
>> Adopting the words of Beer, I'd dissolve the distinction.  :)
>>
>
My apologies to Beer, RIP, he'd have said dissolve the problem, i.e. that of
the dichotomy.

Nice exchanging points of view here, Andy.  I think Jay's summary was good.
I'm happy to take this further if you find it helpful.

Huw
__________________________________________
_____
xmca mailing list
xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca